Online Privacy and Security
Your privacy on the Internet is important to us, which is why we at General Recreation, Inc. believe in an active approach to safeguarding your privacy online. We try to keep our website as secure as possible. However, please recognise that when providing your information to us through our website, or when confidential information is sent or received via e-mail, that the internet and email communications may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss, unauthorised interception, or misuse of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
In certain areas of this site you may choose to share personal information with us, such as your name, address and contact details. We may use this information for marketing research and other marketing and service related purposes, such as normal correspondence and sending brochures you may have requested .Any personal information you choose to share with us will not be disclosed to anyone outside of General Recreation, Inc. Our policy concerning your personal information is explained below.
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly to apply for one of our products or services, or to make an enquiry or other request (normally via our website or our customer services teams),
- from other locations, domestic or abroad,
- from selected business partners who provide products and services,
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information to us.
We may use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services.
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- other locations,
- authorised dealers,
- our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services,
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
- in the process of selling one or more of our businesses or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
Site Traffic Monitoring
We collect anonymous information about every visit to our site by tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses on an aggregate basis. We do not link IP addresses to any personal information associated to the individual visitor. We use this information only to determine how to make future visits more convenient and productive for all visitors. We also collect browser type, access time, and the URL where a user is entering or exiting the site.
We use email links throughout the site to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We read every message and try to reply promptly to every one. Information in the message is used to respond directly to your comments or questions. We may also file your comments to improve the site and programs, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is not shared with third parties without your explicit permission, except in the limited circumstances listed above.